- Disparity - Research on unwarranted sentencing disparity under Maryland's voluntary sentencing guidelines.
- Time-to-Serve - An examination of time-to-serve in the Maryland State Correctional System.
Risk Assessment Feasibility Study
- Decision Points for Risk Assessment Implementation, September 2014
- Risk Assessment Instruments Literature Review, September 2014
- Follow-Up Report on Using Risk Assessment Instruments During Criminal Sentencing, November 2015
Study Commission Reports
Guidelines Compliance and Average Sentences for Common Offenses
A summary of Maryland sentencing guidelines compliance and average sentence for the five most common offenses in each crime category (person, drug, and property).
- Fiscal year 2016 average sentence for common offenses report
- Fiscal year 2015 average sentence for common offenses report
- Fiscal year 2014 average sentence for common offenses report
- Corrections Options Inventory Report, Sentencing Alternatives for Drug Offenders, 2008-2009
- Correctional Options Inventory, Summary Report, June 2006
- The Public and Correctional Options in Maryland: The Results of a Deliberative Focus Group, 2001 - A report discussing the findings from a focus group facilitated by MSCCSP staff in Howard County on Correctional Options in Maryland.